Chef Chris welcomes visitors to Valpo University this Saturday. “We’ll show them why Valpo is a special place”
Chef Chris and Radius are huge fans of Valparaiso University, and now they get a chance to help welcome a new generation of crusaders to Valpo University and the City of Valparaiso.
This Saturday, Chris Pavlou and the Valpo Restaurants are teaming with Valparaiso University to introduce students and their families to Valpo University. As President of the Valpo Restaurant Association, Pavlou couldn’t be more honored when the University wanted to collaborate.
Strong City…Strong University. Strong University…Strong City. -Chris Pavlou
Chef Pavlou and his family are huge supporters of both Valpo University. According to Pavlou, “going to VU basketball games is a great experience. Going to the games allowed us to become familiar with the specialness of VU and its beautiful culture. We think we can help visitors and potential students discover what a special community we have in Valparaiso. The University helps make Valpo a great city, and conversely, the city helps make the University a special place to attend. Working together with the VU Staff is a great idea”.
Pavlou will make a point of welcoming the visiting families with open arms. He said the other restaurants in the Valpo Association share his enthusiasm to help the University. “When potential students and their families see what a friendly campus VU has along with a great downtown, we think kids will want to call Valpo home for 4 years. It’s a win-win”
DetailsSaturday at 8:45 AM – 11:45 AM61–84°F Partly CloudyTicketsadmission.valpo.edu/portal/intro-to-valpoStudents and families are invited to join us on campus for our Intro to Valpo Visit Day on 9/26! Take a campus tour and get an overview of academic opportunities, scholarships and financial aid info, and student life experiences. End the day with a voucher for a meal at one of several downtown Valparaiso restaurants! Capacity is limited and we are unable to admit unregistered students to this event. Registration closes 9/21 or when capacity is full – sign up today to secure your spot!Registration: admission.valpo.edu/portal/intro-to-valpoParticipating Downtown Valparaiso Restaurants:
• Blue Point Oyster Bar and Seafood
• Don Quijote Restaurante and Imports Spanish/Mediterranean
• FURIN Japanese Restaurant & Bar
• Martinis in Valpo Mediterranean/Steakhouse
• Pikk’s Tavern Chicago-Themed American Cuisine
• RADIUS-Valpo Gourmet Burgers
• Scarpe Italian
• Main+Lincoln New American styleIf on-campus visit opportunities aren’t a viable option for you, we still have virtual options available you can access anytime, anywhere on your schedule. Highlights include a virtual tour with current students Joey Hess and Anna Raimondi and live info sessions with our admission counselors and students. Visit us virtually at valpo.edu/valpo-virtual-visit.